We have specialists in many areas of legal practice. Make an enquiry today: 0330 333 2613
Conveyancing Solicitors West Bridgford
West Bridgford is widely regarded as one of the best places to live in the Midlands. Offering a great choice of homes, superb schools, leading sports and leisure facilities, and high-quality shopping and eating alongside the River Trent.
It is a suburb of Nottingham which is just three miles away and boasts a programme of international theatre, comedy, music, arts and film. West Bridgford offers the best of both worlds being Nottingham's most sought after residential location, coupled with convenient and quick access to major employers in the city centre.
West Bridgford attracts professionals, couples and families looking to buy or rent a property in Nottingham's premier location, which offers great facilities and a quality lifestyle. The town also boasts a number of excellent schools and many have outstanding Ofsted ratings.
Enclosed by the A52 and the River Trent, West Bridgford is in the Rushcliffe borough of Nottingham. In 2015, the Halifax named Rushcliffe as the 10th best place to live in the UK.
The main shopping area of West Bridgford has several major retailers and supermarkets along with a range of independent retailers. West Bridgford also boasts many great eateries and numerous coffee shops alongside great local pubs include the Test Match, the Stratford Haven, the Trent Bridge Inn, the Goose, the Poppy and Pint and the Apple Tree.
West Bridgford is also the home to the Nottingham Trent Bridge Cricket Ground and there are lots of sports and leisure facilities in the area. If cricket isn’t your sport, then West Bridgford is home to the City Ground where Nottingham Forest F.C are based.
West Bridgford is easily accessible by public transport with regular bus services connecting West Bridgford with many local towns including Loughborough and Melton Mowbray. Nottingham railway station is just two miles away with services to all over the UK and London which takes around 100 minutes.
Further along the river is Holme Pierrepont. This large country park has some of the best scenery in Nottingham and is perfect for summer walks. The National Water Sports Centre is also in this location. Activities such as sailing, white water rafting and canoeing take place here.
5 reasons to live in West Bridgford:
- Excellent rail and road links
- Upmarket location near to a vibrant city
- Near to the countryside and
- Great local amenities and schools
- Independent shops, vibrant social scene and cafe culture
Obtain an instant quotation
For a straightforward property purchase, please use the form below to obtain an instant quotation.
If you are planning to buy a property on a shared equity basis, please telephone your nearest office as we will need to discuss the particulars in a little more detail.
For further information
To help you through the purchasing process, please see our factsheets page.
Our fees cover all of the standard work required to complete the purchase of your new home, including dealing with registration at the Land Registry and payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax (Stamp Duty) if the property is in England, or Land Transaction Tax (Land Tax) if the property you wish to buy is in Wales.
Our quotation includes:
- Taking your instructions and advising you throughout on the process and routine matters
- Submitting and checking searches
- Checking and reporting on a mortgage offer where necessary
- Checking the contract and title to the property and raising additional enquires
- Preparing the draft and engrossment Transfer and submitting the same to the Sellers solicitors
- Reporting to you upon the title and search results
- Preparing the SDLT1
- Obtaining your signature to the Contract, Transfer, Mortgage Deed (where applicable) and SDLT form
- Completing the matter including all incidental formalities correspondence and attendances subject to a fair and reasonable quantity as would be expected in a normal transaction.
- Submission of your application to HM Land Registry to place the title into your name.
- Providing you with a copy of the Official Copy of Register Entries following completion of the registration formalities
Our quotation does not include:-
- Providing any Financial Advice
- Remedying any defects in the title
- Identifying the route of any private drains or services.
- Commenting or providing any assurances or advice on the condition/structural integrity of any building or buildings on the land being purchased (this would be for you to instruct a surveyor to undertake a survey)
- Commenting or providing any assurances or advice on whether the property has been altered or whether planning and or building regulation approval would have been required for alterations undertaken or verifying the accuracy on these points if the sellers have confirmed works did not require the same (this would be for you to instruct a surveyor or make your own enquiries with the relevant planning department or building control department
- Chasing mortgage offers or variations thereto
- Any matters arising from the breach of the terms of the contract by you or seller.
- Dealing with incorrect searches not obtained by ourselves
- Establishing whether the property is at risk or may flood in the future (although we can offer advice on searches which can highlight flood risk)
- Establishing whether the property is at risk or may be contaminated (although we can offer advice on searches available to highlight possible risk)
- Providing any advice or recommendations on tax, community care or welfare benefits
- Dealing with any investigation or enquiry relating to an SDLT payment or SDLT1 submission or paying any interest or penalties relating to the submission of the SDLT1 or confirming or providing detailed advice relating to the completion of an SDLT1.
- Obtaining consent to letting from the landlord or any third party where required under any lease or deeds.
- Protecting your monies from cybercrime
- Seeking reimbursement from HMRC of any refunds of SDLT
Our experienced team are here to ensure your transaction proceeds smoothly. All work is supervised by an experienced Partner. We act for a large range of clients in relation to buying and selling residential property from first time buyers to experienced developers and investors. You can meet our Team here
How long will it take?
How long it will take from your offer being accepted until you can move in to your house will depend on a number of factors. The average process takes between 8 and 12 weeks.
It can be quicker or slower, depending on the parties in the chain. For example, if you are a first time buyer, purchasing a new build property with a mortgage in principle, it could take 8 weeks.
There are often many other factors outside of our control which affect how long it will take to buy your property - particularly when there are lots of buyers and sellers in the chain. This means we cannot tell you exactly how long the purchase will take but we will keep you informed of progress at regular intervals.
How much will it cost?
Each case and circumstances are different and it is impossible to provide an average cost. Our fees are generally calculated with reference to the value of the property but generally our standard fee scale ranges from £399 plus vat to £1000.00 plus vat. You can obtain a more accurate estimate by using our online quote facility here.
If the transaction aborts before the matter has completed we will charge you for the work we have undertaken to that point. Again every case is different and its hard to say what charge will be applied as the depends upon the work undertaken at that stage but as a general indication
|Stage||Percentage of fees charged|
|Pre Contract Work||25% of legal fees quoted|
|Contract Received||50% of legal fees quoted|
|Pre-Exchange Work And Reporting||75% of legal fees quoted|
|Contract Signed/Pre-Post completion||Full Estimate of costs Quoted above|
|In addition there may be supplemental legal costs, to be added to the fees mentioned above.|
Examples of these are as follows (the list is not exhaustive): Additional Items
|Indicative Additional Costs Payable|
|New build property||£200.00 plus vat|
|Help To Buy Scheme||£175.00 plus vat|
|Help to Buy Isa/Lifetime ISA||£50.00 plus vat|
|Leasehold Property||£200.00 plus vat|
In addition we will incur disbursements on your behalf. Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as Land Registry fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure a smoother process.
Please note that VAT is payable on our costs and on some disbursements. In addition we also charge a bank transfer fee for sending money through the electronic bank system.
Disbursements may include the following:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax*
- Local Authority search
- Drainage search
- Environmental and flood search
- Chancel Repair indemnity policy
- Mining search
- Land Registry searches
- Land Registration fee **
*The amount of Stamp Duty Land Tax you will pay depends on the purchase price of your property. You can calculate the amount you will need to pay by using HMRC's website or if the property is located in Wales by using the Welsh Revenue Authority's website here.
**Details of the Land Registry fees payable van be viewed at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/hm-land-registry-registration-services-fees.
In order to calculate the total costs associated with the purchase, you will need to add the legal costs together with the VAT, any disbursements (and where applicable the VAT on these items). These costs should be added to the amount you are paying for the property together with any other costs you may incur such as surveyors fees or costs payable to a mortgage broker.
Our fee assumes that:
- That the property is registered with the Land Registry
- That our investigations do not reveal any unexpected legal issues which must be resolved prior to exchange of contracts
- That you are having only one mortgage (and the lender is a member of the Council of Mortgage Lenders) and the remaining purchase funds are being provided by you
- That you are buying the property for your own occupation, it is more than 10 years old and no alterations have been made to the property
- That there are no other unusual problems or complications
Or Enter Previous Reference
Elliot Mather LLP maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices.
Registered Office: St. Mary's Court, St. Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, S41 7TD
VAT Number: 126 3019 03
Regulatory Notice: Elliot Mather LLP is a limited liability partnership. Partnership number OC321320.
Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors' Regulation Authority. To view code of conduct visit www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct.page