Solicitor & LLP Member
Ben is a Solicitor and LLP Member who joined Elliot Mather’s Family Department in December 2021.
He assists clients across Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and further afield with issues arising from relationship breakdowns involving, divorce, children and finances. Ben is also a member of Resolution, and holds the Specialist Accreditation for helping clients resolve disputes involving complex finances.
With over 10 years’ experience, Ben possesses a high level of expertise within Family Law, having particular knowledge and interest in:
- Advising clients in relation to the complex medium to high net worth financial cases involving: assets and properties held out of jurisdiction, business assets, inherited assets and trusts.
- Preparing and advising clients in respect of Nuptial Agreements.
- Representing sports professionals, including professional footballers and golfers.
- Assisting and advising clients with family run/owned businesses in situations where relationships breakdown.
- Representing unmarried couples in relation to legal and beneficial ownership of property.
- Advising parents regarding the arrangements for children following separation, including situations involving international relocation.
- Representing clients in relation to disputes regarding maintenance, including child maintenance.
Ben understands how sensitive and complex family matters can be, it is because of this that he strives to ensure all clients are provided with a friendly and expert service.