We have specialists in many areas of legal practice. Make an enquiry today: 0330 333 2613
Whether you are buying or selling a business it’s essential that you have the right professional team in place to assist you. Our Commercial Team are available to guide you through the process, irrespective of the size and value of the business in question.
We have years of experience of dealing with business sales and purchases across a variety of sectors. We ensure that whatever the circumstances, your transaction is dealt with pragmatically and efficiently.
We can assist right across Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire. It is vital that you call us as soon as possible to arrange an appointment and we can discuss your individual circumstances.
Free Initial Telephone Discussion
Our expert Commercial Law team are here to take the worry off your hands. We provide a free initial telephone conversation to discuss how we can assist in your circumstances. Please call 0330 333 2613 for a no obligation, initial discussion or email email@example.com and we will call you back.
What to consider when selling a business
If you are the owner of the business which you are considering selling, it is vital that you seek legal advice from an expert commercial solicitor. There are a number of things to take into consideration when selling a business, and our team of highly skilled solicitors have the capacity to offer guidance at every stage of the transaction.
Our team can offer advice regarding a range of matters such as:
- Your staff: it is imperative that you inform your staff that you are selling your business, and the reasons why. Our commercial team work closely with our colleagues in the employment department, allowing us to offer advice regarding redundancy terms and relocation packages, if necessary.
- The Asset Purchase Agreement: this is the contract for sale and will contain warranties for the seller which are binding legal promises to the buyer
- Transfer of a Going Concern: this exemption allows a VAT registered business to be transferred without the need to pay VAT
- Apportionments and Prepayments: this will determine which parties are responsible for what costs of the business, splitting the liability so that pre-completion business costs belong to the seller and post completion costs to the buyer.
Our dedicated team appreciate that the sale of a business can be stressful, and because of this, we take the time to understand your aims and objectives, ensuring you receive honest and efficient advice at all stages.
What to consider when purchasing a business
Purchasing a business that is already established can be easier and quicker than starting up your own. That being said, there are numerous matters that must be considered when purchasing a business. We are experienced in a wide range of matters regarding business purchases, offering transparent advice relating to:
- Due diligence.
- Intellectual property issues arising from sales and purchases.
- Investigating the freehold and leasehold titles relating to all of the properties the company is party to.
- Employment terms and conditions.
- Major contracts and orders the business is party to.
- Any environmental issues.
- Outstanding litigation.
Our dedicated commercial team work closely with our colleagues in the employment and dispute resolution departments, enabling us to provide you with a comprehensive range of legal services, tailored specifically to your needs.
If you are considering purchasing a business, it is vital you seek legal advice from an experienced commercial solicitor. We have extensive experience in dealing with a range business purchases, contact us today for further information.
How we can help
We appreciate that Commercial matters can be complex in their nature, and because of this, you will receive honest and accurate advice from our experienced solicitors, allowing you to select the right vehicle for your business.
The level of help you require from us is entirely up to you. Our specialist team are committed to delivering a professional and confidential service throughout Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.
Our Solicitors are able to provide expert advice across the country with a network of offices based in: Chesterfield, Derby, Mansfield and Nottingham.
How to get in contact
Our team are on hand to help you and can assist wherever you are based. Please call us for a no-obligation, initial discussion on 0330 333 2613 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will call or email you back.
Elliot Mather LLP maintains professional indemnity insurance in accordance with the rules of the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Details of the insurers and the territorial coverage of the policy are available for inspection at our offices.
Registered Office: St. Mary's Court, St. Mary's Gate, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, England, S41 7TD
VAT Number: 126 3019 03
Regulatory Notice: Elliot Mather LLP is a limited liability partnership. Partnership number OC321320.
Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors' Regulation Authority. To view code of conduct visit www.sra.org.uk/code-of-conduct.page